Skip to main content

To Share or Not To

I always stuck in a dilemma at the two junctions; to share or not to of my dreams. I’m not a fan of talking much, I rather do it silently and save the rest for later.

However, I feel its necessity to share and to discuss my dreams to others. My mum, of course. She would support whatever I want to do in my life. My friends, colleagues, and strangers is another story.

Often I feel like a burden on my shoulder once I told someone about my dreams. It looks like I failed miserably if I couldn’t manage to make it. It sounds like I am just babbling around. At least, that is what I think.

A couple days ago, I shared a few my dreams with someone I just met about 4 hours. He’s a cool young guy. We talk about life and stuff, share a morsel of everything as I could remember. And somehow we became a friend.

At first, I hesitate. This is the usual me. The confabulations go verily in me. The introspection going to a state of wilderness. Is this a right thing to do or are there some other way rounds?

Long story short, yes, we manage to have a pleasant conversation, plus I learned a lot from him too. I share my dreams, basically what I want to do in my life, what to achieve, where to go next, the philosophy and the own self-vision.

I share with him my story, as I anticipate it would encourage him to do more than I could during my time as a Degree’s student. I bid him explore the world, to be independent and get loose in search of the meaning of life.

In essence, fundamentally it is what I thought incessantly in my life. Eventually, his responses were astonishing. He expresses his desire and motivation, and gratitude to my sharing. I was flattered, sincerely.

Actually, he is not the first person who I met and share, which I scruple at first, not because of his or her skin colour or whatever differences designated between them and me, but rather my own doubt of myself, happens in that fashion.

Often I feel the necessity to share and to motivate others, in particular for the keen. I believe by sharing my dreams, it helps to foster my pathway to it. However, it's often too, I decide not to share, rather talk lightly about sports and stuff.

I tried to find an answer why I have this tendency. Is that because of my past, or the self-clash in the midst of joys, pain, doubts or hopes?

I found an only answer, I am a roamer, a traveller and a wanderer in the endless quest for meaning. While, the doubt raise, the qualms roar, the worries provoke, and all of this doesn’t matter. To live is to fight those things.

I realise I need someone to talk to, to share and to reminisce of my own self, from there it will help me to connect the dots. This as well, and introspection. It makes me realise the incompetence of the self, incompleteness, and the hollows, that I can’t live on my own.

It makes me believe too, by doing it – the introspection and the talks – it will draw me closer to the One and lucidly face up to the loneliness of my consciousness and indeterminate destiny.

Indubitably, all of these – the self-interviewing, the introspection and the talks – already mentioned in Quran,
“Surely in the remembrance of God are hearts comforted.” 
(ar-Ra’ad: 28)

Popular posts from this blog

Pengajaran Dari Sebuah Komik

Sejak kecil lagi, saya telah didedahkan dengan berbagai jenis komik bacaan ringan seperti Doraemon , Dewata Raya, Utopia, Naruto dan sebagainya. Namun ternyata saya lebih berminat untuk “mendalami” komik-komik Kung Fu karya penulis China seperti Tony Wong melalui karyanya Jejak Wira. Seperti biasa, kepulangan saya kali ini ke kampung halaman dalam misi menghabiskan beberapa buah Jejak Wira yang dibeli oleh abang semasa ketiadaan saya di rumah.

Ternyata plot ceritanya meskipun panjang dan tak pasti bila penghabisannya namun ia tetap tidak membosankan. Menjadi semakin menarik dan sukar bilamana ia melibatkan pergolakan politik dunia yang terang-terang menyebelahi siapa yang kuat dia yang menang.

Setelah “menelaah” kesemua komik muktabar ini saya seakan terpanggil untuk mengulas karya Tony Wong iaitu Jejak Wira yang mana saya kira ianya amat dekat dengan apa yang berlaku kini di dunia realiti.


Bagaimana para penguasa negara sanggup membutakan hati dan mata demi kepentingan nafsu mereka…

Homosexuals and The Idea of Abnormality

Once ago, my friend and me have a little chat about stuff—if not mistaken, we gossiping a hot Math teacher from Italy, and from where it began, we start talking about gay and LGBT.

The pinnacle of it was when my friend proudly declares the gay people is abnormal.

I just sit still, silent and stunned.

I should start somewhere. Here it is, for myself, to be abnormal is to be true to oneself. And it is a kind of freedom that I longingly seek and understand, that is to be true to yourself, to who you are.

It is a freedom to be able to against the flow. It is a freedom when we do not favor the external to validate ourselves. To do this, first, we have to be abnormal, in the eye of the many.

Anyway, I don’t mean to philosophize anything here. It is just a version of abnormality that I always think and perceived before, and luckily (no pun intended), that day comes when my friend bluntly declare homosexuality is abnormal.

And, I have to revisit my thought on abnormality.

I am OK with her…

Tentang Si Genius Adi Putra

Ini coretan ringkas awal Mac 2015, beberapa hari lagi sebelum kita akan tiba pada hari yang menandakan setahun hilangnya MH370 tidak ketemu. Coretan ini tentang Adi Putra, si genius cilik yang dulunya begitu popular, semua media mahu mendapatkan cerita tentangnya.

Kini, di mana Adi Putra? Kita bertanyakan soalan begitu kerana kerisauan kita adalah kisah Adi Putra ini akan menjadi senasib generasi genius Malaysia lain-lainnya. Tentulah kita berharap ianya tidak berlaku demikian.

Hari ini mStar kembali dengan cerita tentang si Adi Putra ini. Saya antara peminat beliau. Saya kepingin mahu bertemu dan berbual dengan Adi Putra. Saya mahu berkawan dengan beliau – dan belajar dengannya. Tapi, Adi di mana?

Jika membuat carian di Google, yang berderet keluar di halaman utama adalah kisah tentang Adi Putra, si pelakon layar teater. Untuk apa ambil tahu tentang si pelakon itu. Bukanlah mendapat apa-apa manfaat pun pada perkembangan akal dan ilmu pengetahuan. Entahlah.

Cerita mStar membuka episo…