Skip to main content

Help Me to Attend SABF in Argentina

Start last year I’m making exponential, positive shift in my life - and eventually in the lives of the communities I care about.

As I got full support from the university, I attending Global Entrepreneurship Congress 2013 at Rio de Janeiro. It was my first ever experience in the entrepreneurial world. There I met a lot of inspiring entrepreneurs and help spark my inner passion – to have my own startup in future – and I knew right away that it was kind of thing I need to pursue in my life.


The picture above, a meeting with the founder of TechStars, Brad Feld, and 2 young Brazilian entrepreneurs, Ryo and Pedro - both are President and Vice President of Brasil JĂșnior.

After then, I was accepted to join Global Startup Youth (GSY) in my own country organised by StartupMalaysia.org in conjunction with 4th Global Entrepreneurship Summit.


My team is the rock at GSY! We are having fun in front Twin Towers.

During GSY, I involved directly in apps development world and playing around with coding and programming languages, something I never imagined before since I was studying engineering at university, to say the least, it changed my trajectory. Yes, you can read my story on GSY here, http://bit.ly/GSY-Tajuddin.

The experience of spending my days with a group of enthusiasts for a cause I care deeply about – the wildlife conservation and animals trafficking – made a profound impact on me. I found myself hungry for more. I need more experiences and exposures outside my own country. If my time in Brazil sparking my inner passion for entrepreneurship, GSY helps to shape my passion in a right way. GSY make me believe in entrepreneurship and social innovation to solve problems in the world.

I want to become a successful entrepreneur, with the aspiration of doing and supporting entrepreneurial efforts for the communities I care about to build flourish and enchanted startup ecosystem in Malaysia. I believe in entrepreneurship and social innovation to solve the human problem, as myself have faith by doing this it will be the only inter-generation tool which connecting the legacy of great inventors hundred years ago with concurrent and the next. Thus, I need to find something for fulfilling it.

So came the South American Business Forum (SABF), the only international student-run business conference in South America on very August. Every year 100 finest students from all over the world brought together by 40 prominent international leaders from different areas to discuss social and political current issues, developing ideas and possible solutions, encourage dialogue between future and present leaders, and hence generate ideas that may contribute directly to sustainable development.

Fortunately, I was among the selected 100 – the glorious opportunity where I will be in the position to share the concerns on topics discussed and to indulge in the deep colloquy with all great young minds in a discursive community, and diverging my perspectives onwards with multi-layered thinkers. With all of these, I will have the opportunity to make invaluable life enhancements.

Unfortunately, the SABF organisation cannot provide financial aid to cover my travel expenses to and from Argentina, (though the accommodation expenses are covered entirely). The cost of airfare Malaysia – Argentina exceeds what I have to my name, which is why I’ve turned to GoFundMe for help.

Yes, I setup my own GoFundMe's page for the crowd-funding purpose. You can reach it here, Help Me to Attend SABF in Argentina.

It will be around $3000 for the return ticket.

As you can imagine this is a tremendous opportunity for me and a big step towards fulfilling my dream. It really is the experience of a lifetime. It would be an honour for me to be able to participate in this event representing my country – Malaysia.

I genuinely believe in the importance of these kinds of events, and that is why I am making my greatest effort to be in Argentina this coming August.

I would like to know if it would be possible for you to help me raise a fund aid for the airfare. If you can donate any amount - $5 or more - all of it will go towards bringing my dream closer.

Thank you.

Note: Should you need more information about the South American Business Forum (SABF), please do not hesitate to contact the Student Relations Department Representative, Sol Torrandel (sol.torrandel@sabf.org.ar). You can also find more information on their official website www.sabf.org.ar.

Popular posts from this blog

Pengajaran Dari Sebuah Komik

Sejak kecil lagi, saya telah didedahkan dengan berbagai jenis komik bacaan ringan seperti Doraemon , Dewata Raya, Utopia, Naruto dan sebagainya. Namun ternyata saya lebih berminat untuk “mendalami” komik-komik Kung Fu karya penulis China seperti Tony Wong melalui karyanya Jejak Wira. Seperti biasa, kepulangan saya kali ini ke kampung halaman dalam misi menghabiskan beberapa buah Jejak Wira yang dibeli oleh abang semasa ketiadaan saya di rumah.

Ternyata plot ceritanya meskipun panjang dan tak pasti bila penghabisannya namun ia tetap tidak membosankan. Menjadi semakin menarik dan sukar bilamana ia melibatkan pergolakan politik dunia yang terang-terang menyebelahi siapa yang kuat dia yang menang.

Setelah “menelaah” kesemua komik muktabar ini saya seakan terpanggil untuk mengulas karya Tony Wong iaitu Jejak Wira yang mana saya kira ianya amat dekat dengan apa yang berlaku kini di dunia realiti.


Bagaimana para penguasa negara sanggup membutakan hati dan mata demi kepentingan nafsu mereka…

Homosexuals and The Idea of Abnormality

Once ago, my friend and me have a little chat about stuff—if not mistaken, we gossiping a hot Math teacher from Italy, and from where it began, we start talking about gay and LGBT.

The pinnacle of it was when my friend proudly declares the gay people is abnormal.

I just sit still, silent and stunned.

I should start somewhere. Here it is, for myself, to be abnormal is to be true to oneself. And it is a kind of freedom that I longingly seek and understand, that is to be true to yourself, to who you are.

It is a freedom to be able to against the flow. It is a freedom when we do not favor the external to validate ourselves. To do this, first, we have to be abnormal, in the eye of the many.

Anyway, I don’t mean to philosophize anything here. It is just a version of abnormality that I always think and perceived before, and luckily (no pun intended), that day comes when my friend bluntly declare homosexuality is abnormal.

And, I have to revisit my thought on abnormality.

I am OK with her…

Laila dan Majnun

Telah sampai cherita bahwa pada suatu hari Sultan Mahmud Ghaznawi menitahkan pesuruh2nya supaya membawa Laila menghadapnya agar dapat ditanyai peri kisah kekasihnya Majnun.

Apabila tiba Laila dihadapannya Baginda bertanya: "Wahai Laila, kau yang kechantikanmu mashhur seluruh alam; yang kasih sayangmu menjadi sumber segala puisi!—aku ingin menatap wajah Majnun, ingin tahu sifat rupa yang kau chintai dengan teguh dan jujur itu."

Maka Laila menjawab seraya menangis mengenangkan Majnun bahwa kekasihnya telah hilang tiada yang tahu kemana.

Mendengar ini Baginda menitahkan kepada pesuruh untuk menchari Majnun hingga dapat supaya dibawa dihadapannya. Pesuruh menchari dikota, dikampung, didusun hingga akhirnya diperpinggiran batasan negeri dan luasan padang pasir. Disitu beliau mendapat khabar bahwa ada seorang yang berdiam sebatang-kara dipadang pasir merayau merana senantiasa menzikirkan nama Laila bagai orang sudah gila.

Orang itu dibawa kehadapan Baginda Sultan yang, sambil terk…